Both Coinbase and Crypto.com are popular international cryptocurrency exchanges that offer a variety of products. In this Crypto com vs Coinbase comparison, Crypto.Com wins the competition because of its lower fees and more earning options. Users can buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrencies on both exchanges. In addition, they provide top-notch security and a digital wallet. USD coin (USDC) at Coinbase is a U.S. dollar-stable coin, meaning 1 USDC equals $1
Fees for Crypto.com vs. Coinbase
- Cryptocurrency exchanges and apps charge three main types of fees: deposit, trade, and withdrawal.
- The cost may vary depending on the payment method, trading amount, location, and cryptocurrency.
- Crypto.com and Coinbase do not charge fees for bank transfers, but both charge for debit card payments. For most exchanges, it’s free to deposit cryptocurrencies, but it costs to transfer fiat currency (traditional money) from your bank account.
- Coinbase isn’t very transparent about its crypto trading fees – it claims
- When you buy $200 worth of Bitcoin on Coinbase with a debit card, you’ll pay a Coinbase fee of 3.99% and a spread of around 0.5%. When you make the trade, the spread may change. If you use Coinbase Pro, fees are lower and more transparent.
- Crypto.com charges 2.99% to use a debit card and 0.4% for maker-taker trading. These fees are reduced for high-volume.
- Crypto.com customers or holders of Crypto.com coins (CRO). For new customers, Crypto.com waives the debit/credit card fee for the first 30 days.
- A Coinbase wallet is free to use, but you’ll have to pay a fee to move your crypto assets to another external wallet. Similar to its trading fees, Coinbase only discloses withdrawal fees at the time of transaction. In contrast, Crypto.com publishes withdrawal fees for each cryptocurrency, though assets can be moved to the Crypto.com wallet for free.
Crypto.com has lower fees overall. Coinbase does, however, offer additional deposit methods, such as PayPal transfers.
Comparing their fees is one of the most important factors of these platforms.
1. Fees for deposits
For fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies, Crypto.com charges 0% deposit fees.
When you buy crypto on Coinbase, you can either pay at the time of purchase or deposit fiat currency to pre-fund your account. For U.S. residents, you have two options:
- ACH Transfer – zero fees
- Wire Transfer – $10 fee
2. Fees for trading
Crypto.com charges different fees for its desktop site (known as Crypto.com exchange) and its mobile app.
Trading fees at Crypto.com start at 0.4% but can be reduced based on the volume of trades. Additional discounts are available based on the amount of CRO coins you stake.
In the Crypto.com mobile app, if you first deposit fiat currency (free of charge), there is no fee to buy crypto using your fiat. You can also trade one cryptocurrency for another for free. Despite the fact that Crypto.com does not charge an explicit percentage fee on these transactions, a fee is included in the spread.
Using the Crypto.com mobile app, you can also purchase cryptocurrency directly with your credit or debit card. Depending on your location, there is a fee of up to 4%, but the fee is waived for the first 30 days that you are a member.
Coinbase’s fee structure is a little complex, comprising two components. There is a 0.50% spread fee, plus an additional ‘Coinbase fee,’ which is the larger of the flat fee or variable fee.
3. Fees for withdrawals
- Crypto.com offers free withdrawals of fiat currency via bank transfer.
- To withdraw USDC via SWIFT Network, there is a $25 USD fee.
- Withdrawal fees on Coinbase depend on your location and payment method. Popular fiat withdrawal methods include:
- Bank Transfers (SEPA) – €0.15 fee
- U.S. Wire Transfer – $25 fee
- Coinbase does not support fiat withdrawals in Singapore or Australia.
Deposit methods for Crypto.com vs. Coinbase
Both Crypto.com and Coinbase accept an extensive range of deposit methods, including Bank transfer (ACH), PayPal, SEPA, Fedwire, credit card, debit card, SWIFT, and cryptocurrency.
Additionally, Coinbase accepts Apple Pay and SOFORT/iDEAL.
Features of Crypto.com and Coinbase
- Both Crypto.com and Coinbase have a lot to offer in terms of crypto exchange features.
- Each feature found on these two platforms, We will look at some of the main features that set Crypto.com and Coinbase apart from other cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Crypto.com’s own coin, the CRO, is one of the most important features of the exchange.
- Coins can be purchased directly from Crypto.com (as well as some other crypto exchanges), and when staked, they give the user many benefits.
- The desktop exchange offers 10% interest per day, a CRO rebate when you pay trading fees with CRO, and Cashback when you pay with Crypto.com Pay.
- With the CRO staked on the mobile app, you receive up to 12% APR, a premium metal Visa card that offers cashback on all purchases (paid in CRO), rebates on subscriptions (Netflix, Spotify), and better APR on Crypto Credit and Crypto Earn.
- Once you start staking CRO coins, you can request a metal Visa debit card through the Crypto.com app. You can access different levels of cards by staking higher amounts of CRO. On the highest tier of Visa cards, users receive 8% cashback on all purchases (paid in CRO), 100%
- Subscription discounts (Netflix, Spotify) and 10% off bookings (Expedia, Airbnb), complimentary airport lounge access, and 2% extra interest on fixed-term deposits. Visa cards can be loaded with fiat currency and used just like any other credit card; you do not have to spend your cryptocurrency.
- Crypto.com lets users stake over 40+ different cryptocurrencies, including CRO. Users can receive up to 14.5% APY on their staked coins, depending on the coin. Staking periods are flexible or can be fixed for 1 or 3 months. Your staked amount of CRO coin will determine
- You can earn crypto just by watching a short video on Coinbase! After viewing educational videos about cryptocurrency (about 3 minutes), you receive free crypto.
- Coinbase offers wallet apps for iOS and Android devices. On Google Play, there have been more than 1 million downloads, with a 4.3-star rating from 24K reviews. In addition to securely storing crypto, the Coinbase Wallet gives you access to a wide range of decentralized innovations.
What is the best cryptocurrency exchange between Crypto.com vs Coinbase?
Crypto.com offers a greater variety of coins, but Coinbase’s selection is still limited. On either platform, you can find all the major cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Cardano (ADA), and Solana (SOL).
VeChain (VET) or Avalanche (AVAX). Several coins are not available in all U.S. states.
Wallets: Crypto.com vs. Coinbase
Both Coinbase and Crypto.com have highly rated decentralized wallets. They are non-custodial hot wallets (connected to the internet) separate from the exchanges’ custodial wallets. You control the keys and security of your account.
Crypto.com allows you to stake coins (earn interest by tying them up) and import an existing wallet. The wallets support a wide range of coins, including all tokens built on the Ethereum network. Coinbase’s crypto selection, however, could be broader — it does not yet support quite big cryptos such as Cardano, Algorand (ALGO), or EOS (EOS).
Crypto.com’s Defi wallet users can swap coins on decentralized exchanges through the app; however, this feature is not available to U.S. customers.
Here, Coinbase’s offer is stronger. U.S. wallet users have access to its decentralized trading service, but only for Ethereum-based coins.
Security: Crypto.com vs. Coinbase
In terms of security, both exchanges follow industry best practices. There are, however, some significant differences. Crypto.com, for instance, only insures assets held in cold storage. The company says it does not store user funds in hot wallets.
Coinbase Pro vs. Binance vs. Crypto.com: Which is Best for You?
One of the most important factors in the success of your crypto trading endeavors is the efficacy of the crypto exchange that you choose to use. To run a profitable business as a trader, you need more than just viable crypto signals. Therefore, it is common knowledge that traders ought to research crypto exchanges before using their services.
I have chosen to examine the challenges that traders encounter when choosing an exchange, propose a viable solution to the stated issues, and conduct a comprehensive review of three exchanges based on these recommendations.
As a result, I have chosen to examine the challenges that traders face when picking an exchange and present a viable solution to the stated problems.
What are the recurring issues when it comes to identifying quality crypto exchange platforms?
In the crypto space, cryptocurrency trading is a legitimate way to earn money. Though trading success heavily depends on traders’ ability to identify and capitalize on market trends,
Access to funds and services
- Crypto exchanges must offer tools that enable traders to access the crypto market instantly, as this is one of the core requirements.
- This is the case in the fact that the crypto market, known for its unprecedented volatility, does not wait for anyone.
- Therefore, it is the responsibility of serious crypto traders to ensure
- Whenever you choose a crypto exchange, you should consider its functionality, liquidity, and ability to match orders almost instantly.
The Transaction Fees and how they compare with Earnings
- Transaction fees play a critical role in the long-term profitability of trading activities. By choosing a crypto exchange with exorbitant fees, profits may be diminished in the long run.
- By choosing crypto exchanges that offer low transaction fees, discounts, or loyalty programs, you can limit the impact of compounded transaction fees on your profits. The reputation of the crypto exchange
- You need to take your reputation seriously. The chances are that you will have no choice but to use the exchange’s wallet and subject your funds to the platform’s security system.
- Therefore, it is imperative to investigate the exchange’s capability to deliver security features that are bank-grade and flexible.
- Always choose an exchange that has a good track record and not one that suddenly refuses to let you access your digital assets.
- It is advisable to always adopt exchanges with a reputable track record and not one that will suddenly come up with an excuse for why it can no longer give you access to your digital assets.
- Before introducing its exchange, platform,crypto.com had established itself in the crypto payment sector, as it provides wallet and crypto debit card services.
- Therefore, Crypto.com Exchange users can utilize these payment services to access their funds anywhere in the world. With this functionality, a trader can implement an interoperable ecosystem consisting of the Crypto.com App, which provides market order trading at true cost, the MCO Visa Card, and the Crypto.com Exchange.
- With the MCO Visa Card, you can receive cashback on spending and withdraw cash at ATMs, which improves the liquidity of your crypto holdings. Despite this, Crypto.com is just starting out on the crypto exchange scene and lacks the same crypto pairs as Binance or Coinbase Pro.
Pros of Crypto.com
- With staking available on over 40 +coins, over 150 cryptocurrencies are supported.
- With the Crypto.com Visa debit card, you can earn up to 8% cashback on purchases and enjoy additional benefits such as airport lounge access.
- Borrow and lend cryptocurrency easily
- The insurance cover for cryptocurrencies
- Margin trading and derivatives trading are available on the desktop exchange.
Cons of Crypto.com
- Trading with USDT, USDC, BTC, and CRO is limited on the desktop website
- Currency conversion fees may apply to the Crypto.com Visa card
Pros of Coinbase
- Cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase insures their own platform, so your funds are safe if there is a hack
- User-friendly interface
- Registering and trading takes only a few minutes
- There are over 70 cryptocurrencies available
- Trusted and extremely secure platform
Cons of Coinbase
- A complicated fee structure that is higher than the competition
- It doesn’t offer as many coins as Crypto.com
Crypto COM is the same as Coinbase?
These exchanges also trade major stable coins such as USD Coin (USDC) and Tether (USDT). Coinbase offers around 90 cryptocurrencies, and Crypto.com offers about 140. Coinbase and Binance both trade most of the top 30 cryptos, except for Binance Coin (BNB), Avalanche (AVAX), and VeChain (VET).
Crypto COM fees are high?
Make you charge a fee? For cryptocurrency trading, Crypto.com has a complex maker/taker fee structure. Based on your 30-day trading volume, the maker fee can range from 0.036% to 0.10%, and the taker fee can range from 0.090% to 0.16%.
Coinbase or crypto.com: which is better?
Both crypto exchanges let users buy, sell, or trade cryptocurrencies. Crypto.Com has lower fees and more ways to earn. It also offers top-notch security and a digital wallet. USD coin (USDC) is a U.S. dollar-stable coin, meaning 1 USDC is equal to $1
What is the best crypto platform?
The top cryptocurrency exchanges for 2021
1. Bitcoin Exchange & Bitcoin Trading Platform eToro: the best overall.
2. cheapest cryptocurrency exchange Coinmama.
3. Beginner’s Choice for Bitcoin Investing: BlockFi.
4. Coinbase: The world’s leading bitcoin trading platform.
Both Coinbase and Crypto.com offer different types of cryptocurrency exchange services.
The platform’s ease of use and wealth of information make it an ideal choice for first-time crypto investors. It also accepts PayPal payments, and you can earn crypto by watching educational videos. Additionally, the Coinbase Visa debit card offers crypto rewards on purchases without any additional requirements.
Crypto.com has more ways to earn staking rewards, a wider range of coins, and lower fees. Its interface, however, is not as intuitive as it could be The Crypto.com mobile app offers more features than the web exchange, which isn’t available in New York. Furthermore, users must commit.
They may not want to pay large amounts of CRO to unlock reduced fees and Visa card rewards.